Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hello, and yes I now have a blog...


Welcome, welcome to my page!

I have decided to join the blogging world in an effort to record and catalog my experience as a stay-at-home wife and mother, trying to be a little bit more domestic.
I am writing this for my family and friends {near and far}, as well as an answer to all those who have ever asked, "What do you do all day? Aren't you bored?"

My little family is made up of:

Photobucket
Nicholas- My loving husband, closest friend, bringer-home-of-the-bacon, and definitely man of the house. Had to go with this photo since Nick always has two cell phones on him, this is a classic view. ;) Proud of his hard work.

Photobucket
Hadley Grace- our beautiful 2.5 mo. old baby girl, who is absolutely perfect and will probably never do anything wrong ;o) {de-NI-al} And ignore the pajamas; she is absolutely Momma's-girl!

Photobucket
Myself- Kaylee- experimental chef, maid, manager of the home, and nurturer.


My ultimate goal as a "stay-at-home" is to not only meet the needs of my family, but as a mother- to provide a peaceful, loving, and secure home for our child {ren} to grow in- teaching them what is true, honest, just, pure, and lovely *; teaching them to love the Lord with all their heart their neighbor as themselves *; teaching them to seek first the kingdom of God*, above all else.
And as a wife- to give my husband the love and support he needs to lead this family, encouraging him to do what is right and pleasing to the Lord.
With the grace of God I hope to express and teach love in all things I do for my family {big and small}.

How do I accomplish this? Not by simply saying "it's so."

I am challenged by the Proverbs 31 woman. I do not believe that she was just born to be "wonder-woman", but that what we read is a progression of things she learned over time. Maybe, she even made a few mistakes and from those gained a better perspective and some wisdom. She is the ultimate domestic housewife!

I am also thankful to have friends who seem to have mastered the art! {Quick shout-out to my "All For His Glory" Thread ladies! } They are a constant encouragement and amazing resource.

So here we are now, with this blog.
It is here I will journal some new and favorite recipes, my most recent projects, and wonderful resources as I continue to discover them! It's going to be exciting... if for no one else but for me and my mother- who faithfully follows anything her children are doing. {Hi Mom. ;o)}

Follow me, and friends and family are always welcome to comment and share!

Always,
Kaylee at Home

Read more about the Proverbs 31 Woman Here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...