Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer is Precious

Summer is precious. This summer in-particular.


Why?


Because we will never get it back. 


Every experience we had and moment we passed will from here on out be just warm memories. 



 



We cannot stop the clock; fall will be here soon. And yes, Summer will come again, but it won't be the same because we won't be the same. We will each be older {hopefully wiser} and in the new season of life the Lord has in store for us at that time. 




We could attempt to re-create, but we can never relive these days. 




God is working in my heart. I used to feel as though busyness = productivity. And I like feeling productive. Maybe because then I feel justified. 


Spending today preparing to live tomorrow... of this I am guilty. 


I cannot go back and reclaim those moments. But I can repent. I can choose a new course of direction. 
I can throw out the clock and savor each moment of conversation, play-time, learning, growing and relaxing. 


Summer is precious. This summer in-particular.


Kaylee

Lost time is never found again. 
-Benjamin Franklin

3 comments:

  1. Amen to that. "Swiftly go the days... Sunrise, sunset."

    This post is a re-reader! Love x 18.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kaylee...I loved this post. The photos, the words, everything. Such a beautiful reminder. Hope your summer continues to be smashing!
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww what a cute baby :)
    I love this post!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...