Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sweatin' in the Spirit

Yes, you read that correctly.  Now brace yourself...

My mother-in-law {Donna} and sis-in-law {Kim} were in town for a few days, and so Hadley and I  met up with them for a little 'shopping' fix.

Now I love shopping with Kim, for many reasons - two of which are:
a) she has great taste and
b) we both enjoy picking out ridiculous and over-the-top items to challenge and mock.
It's great fun.

Well, yesterday our stop into the local Book & Bible Store did not disappoint. That's where we picked up  this little number.
Sweating in the Spirit 2 With Donna Richardson-Joyner
Oh yeah. And for the frugal price of only $6.97... can you believe that?! I couldn't leave it. I thought about it, but just couldn't. No, Nick would get a kick out of this.  Kim cackled; I purchased.
I am a work-out in your living room kind of gal. What is the harm in one more cardio DVD?

*My Review:
As much as it pains me to say it, this actually turned out to be quite a good work-out. And by good I mean there were moments I found myself huffing and puffing as though I were running a marathon. The heart rate is up, and stays up.

I chose the 20 min walk with the 10 min stretch. The walk is basically Zumba meets Walk Away the Lbs. Lots of steps and quick feet moving to the music of a high energy live band, including live performances from Byron Cage and Martha Munizzi. The music was my favorite part.

Mostly I felt ridiculous and found myself laughing at {not with} the instructor's sincere one-liners such as,
"Do like David did, and dance before the Lord" and "He deserves a cha cha."

Hadley was laughing too, but only because she was completely confused. She wasn't sure if we were in church and she should be worshiping or "marching it out"... so she tried both.

That 30 mins felt like 5... so I guess we're keeping it. ;)

"Be honest in your judgment and do not decide at a glance (superficially and by appearances); but judge fairly and righteously. " -John 7:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...