Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Moving





We're moving! Again. But this time for good!


After years of leasing we are finally purchasing our first {together} home. :)))
{More about that later}


We. Are. Moving.


NEXT WEEK!


And I have just started packing.


It's slow going over here since the Baby and I have caught colds.
So our current materials lists consists of:


  • Moving Boxes
  • Purging Boxes - for items to Goodwill
  • Packing tape & Large Sharpie
  • Pen, Paper, & Brightly colored labels 
  • HUGE box of Kleenex
  • Ricola Cough Drops {Honey Herb of course}
  • And an abundant supply of hot tea
I am striving for some solid organization in the packing process... but my head is feeling a bit fuzzy. 

Thank goodness for Emilie Barnes! {Survival For Busy Women} Using her system, every box has a number with a corresponding index card {I'm just using a notebook} listing its contents . I now know where every item is located without having to dig through boxes- I just flip through my handy-dandy list. 

Each box is also color-coded with bright stickers to easily and at-glance indicate which room it belongs to. Example: Blue- Office; Yellow- Kitchen; Orange- Family Room, etc. 
Simple Brilliance. 

Do you have any moving/packing tips to share? I am all ears! Allow me glean from your pearls of moving wisdom! 

Happy Wednesday,
Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...