Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Less screens; More Pages


Today the air outside is crisp and this morning faintly smelled like rain. Perfect weather for hot tea and good book. 

Whenever  September rolls around I challenge myself to read more.

Less screens; more pages. 

And usually those pages are novels. Not the leadership, marriage, or parenting books I most often read. And I don't feel guilty over this self-indulgence {not reading something that will help me grow in wisdom and knowledge} because reading in itself is brain exercise

And these days... my brain is gettin' a work-out!

My all-time favorite book series are:


by Francine Rivers

by Lynn Morris


What I've recently read:


by Sarah Sundin


And later this evening you can find me with my nose in this book...


The Shape of Mercy
by Susan Meissner

Leaving a life of privilege to strike out on her own, Lauren Durough breaks with convention and her family’s expectations by choosing a state college over Stanford and earning her own income over accepting her ample monthly allowance. She takes a part-time job from 83-year-old librarian Abigail Boyles, who asks Lauren to transcribe the journal entries of her ancestor Mercy Hayworth, a victim of the Salem witch trials.


What are you reading???




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...